OUR MISSION, VISION & CORE VALUES
Elmbrook Humane Society’s mission is to provide shelter for homeless animals, promote the human animal bond, and prevent animal cruelty and neglect.
Our vision is to be the most personal, compassionate, and preferred resource for your animal needs.
Our core values include:
- Balance and Compassion. Uniting our heads and our hearts to impact relationships and make mindful decisions.
- Ingenuity. Being innovative, resourceful, and thoughtful in caring for animals and people.
- Collaborative. Working together to accomplish more.
- Integrity. Doing what is right even when no one is watching and setting the best example when they are.
- Respect. Recognizing the differences of and being kind to all animals and people.
Is Elmbrook Humane Society No Kill?
Yes, Elmbrook Humane Society is a No Kill organization. Our written policy can be found by selecting the following: Elmbrook Humane Society No Kill Policy.
Our goal is always to choose life. We do not euthanize animals unless they are too dangerous to be made available for adoption or have serious behavior concerns that cannot safely or successfully be rehabilitated and adopted into a new home. If an animal is sick or injured and we can treat, we absolutely will. We do not euthanize animals because of space, age, breed, length of stay, or whom may have acute or chronic health conditions that can be treated prior to adoption or managed by a new family.
OUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We value transparency and as such, our financial information is available to the public.